YEARLISTING IN 2016

Compared to most recent years, when for example I recorded 165 species in the county in 2011, 187 in 2012 and 173 in 2013, this has been a particularly poor one with just 157 species recorded by mid December - one of my worst years on record

YEARLISTING IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

It's all over - 2012 has come to an end. I managed a total of 187 out of the 198 species recorded all told in Buckinghamshire - 94% of the total - probably my highest-ever annual tally.

The current record is 191 species achieved in 2006 and held jointly by both Rob Hill and Simon Nichols



Friday 7 January 2011

BEARDED TITS still present

At least three BEARDED TITS at Walton BL this lunchtime, in the reeds to the right of the platform. One female came out into the open no more than a couple of metres from where I stood, very low down. Lots of `pinging' behind her and I could make out at least another two individuals.

Also twelve Siskins in one of the Alders, which surprisingly didn't flee when a Sparrowhawk flew in, circled a few times and then flew away.

And two Water Rails - excellent views of one walking and foraging in front of the reeds directly opposite the screens, and one squealing behind me. (per Geraldine of NBBR)