YEARLISTING IN 2016

Compared to most recent years, when for example I recorded 165 species in the county in 2011, 187 in 2012 and 173 in 2013, this has been a particularly poor one with just 157 species recorded by mid December - one of my worst years on record

YEARLISTING IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

It's all over - 2012 has come to an end. I managed a total of 187 out of the 198 species recorded all told in Buckinghamshire - 94% of the total - probably my highest-ever annual tally.

The current record is 191 species achieved in 2006 and held jointly by both Rob Hill and Simon Nichols



Friday 8 January 2010

GREEN SANDPIPERS

I couldn’t get to LMGP today so I had to make do with a walk by the river Wye at Kingsmead. I was rewarded with:-

At least 2 COMMON KINGFISHERS (this a very good place for getting photographs of this species), several Dunnock, Goldcrest, Chaffinch, Robins, Wren, 20+ Moorhen (including 2 up a large berry bearing bush), Little Egret ( a first for me here), Grey Wagtail (resident here), a pair of Mute Swan with 3 juveniles (presumably what’s left of the brood of 5), Black-headed Gull, Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe (another first for me here), Mallard, Redwing, Blackbird, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long-tailed Tit and lastly but not least, 1 GREEN SANDPIPER.

The Green Sandpiper was located on the river about 100 yards east of the entrance to Kingsmead off the A40 next to the George the fifth pub (park in B& Q and cross the road). Unfortunately it moved in the few minutes it took me to run the 200 yards to my place and return with my telescope (Malcolm Parrish)

A GREEN SANDPIPER also visited Chesham Fishing Lakes today (Chris Pontin)