YEARLISTING IN 2016

Compared to most recent years, when for example I recorded 165 species in the county in 2011, 187 in 2012 and 173 in 2013, this has been a particularly poor one with just 157 species recorded by mid December - one of my worst years on record

YEARLISTING IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

It's all over - 2012 has come to an end. I managed a total of 187 out of the 198 species recorded all told in Buckinghamshire - 94% of the total - probably my highest-ever annual tally.

The current record is 191 species achieved in 2006 and held jointly by both Rob Hill and Simon Nichols



Monday 27 January 2014

Local Mega: RING-BILLED GULL at Spade Oak

I found an adult RING-BILLED GULL on the main lake at Little Marlow GP, Bucks this afternoon.  Although only seen on the lake, it was seen to fly over to the river side flood meadows at least twice – I last saw it about 2pm.  The Little Marlow flood meadows are extensively flooded but receding and hold a lot of BHG and some Commons, but the river is flooded in many areas, including Cock Marsh, Berks, so it could get on there.  I would also suggest that QMR roost might be worth a look (Adam Bassett)