YEARLISTING IN 2016

Compared to most recent years, when for example I recorded 165 species in the county in 2011, 187 in 2012 and 173 in 2013, this has been a particularly poor one with just 157 species recorded by mid December - one of my worst years on record

YEARLISTING IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE

It's all over - 2012 has come to an end. I managed a total of 187 out of the 198 species recorded all told in Buckinghamshire - 94% of the total - probably my highest-ever annual tally.

The current record is 191 species achieved in 2006 and held jointly by both Rob Hill and Simon Nichols



Wednesday 9 November 2011

SLAV GREBE still present

Got back home late last night after a (mistimed) long weekend 'Up North' with the parents, so first light found me at LMGP praying the SLAVONIAN GREBE was still in residence. News of a bird at Queen Mother Resr this morning had me worried it had moved on, but eventually it appeared in the North East section of the pit, and then showed very well, including a period of preening among the Tufted Duck flock. I moved into the area and started my Bucks list in early 2003 - I really didn't think it would take eight years to see a Slav Grebe in the county!!

Interestingly, there is another new Slav Grebe nearby at Brogborough this morning, with Purple Sand at Draycote, Velvet Scoter at Gratham Water, RB Meg in Beds, and a bit of a movement of Brent Geese thrown in as well... A good day to be out looking, there is more to be found (Ben Miller).